Help fund groundbreaking ovarian cancer research

The Value of Your Donation to She ROCKS May Be Counted in Lives Saved

When you give to She ROCKS, you are helping to fund groundbreaking ovarian cancer research at the world-renowned UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center in Chapel Hill, NC. There, in the Beth Quinn Laboratory (named for the She ROCKS cofounder), Victoria L. Bae-Jump, MD, PhD and her team of research oncologists are working on ways to detect ovarian cancer at the earliest possible stage, when the prognosis is much better, and ultimately to find a cure for this all-too-often fatal disease.

Of the more than $563,000 raised and distributed in its first five years of existence, 75% was given to UNC Lineberger Cancer Center for research, and 25% to the NHRMC Zimmer Cancer Center for things like comfortable new chemo chairs, vein finders, wig vouchers and gas cards.

When you designate She ROCKS The Triad, 25% stays in the Greensboro community to support women undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer rather than going to NHRMC Zimmer Cancer Center.

Select Donate Now on one of the sections below to donate to She ROCKS!

  1. 0 Donators
    Give to She ROCKS in General
    Donated: $1,921

    Give to She ROCKS in General

    When you give to She ROCKS in general, or you designate Wilmington, you can also be assured your donation will help make life a bit easier for people undergoing treatment for any type of cancer at NHRMC Zimmer Cancer Center. Twenty-five percent of what we take in is given to support local patients through funding things like comfortable new chairs for the chemo suite, vein finders to make taking blood easier, gas cards to make getting to and from treatments possible, and wigs that can make a patient feel less conspicuous and more confident.
  2. Beth Quinn & Mary Barto
    0 Donators
    In Memory or Honor of A Loved One
    Donated: $4,053

    In Memory or Honor of A Loved One

    It’s unfortunate but true: Nearly everyone has been touched by cancer in some way, whether they have been diagnosed themselves or have a family member or friend who has had cancer. A donation made in memory or honor of someone is an especially meaningful gift, as it honors a person’s journey and brings hope for those who will follow.
  3. 0 Donators
    She ROCKS The Triad
    Donated: $15,172

    She ROCKS The Triad

    She ROCKS The Triad seeks to extend the good work and fund-raising efforts begun in Wilmington to the Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem area. Our desire is to honor Beth Quinn’s story and add local stories as we bring awareness and hope to the Triad. When you give to She ROCKS The Triad, 75% of your donation also goes to fund ovarian cancer research at UNC, while the other 25% supports local women in the Greensboro area who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer.